Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:42:45 -0500
It would be helpful if the questioner provided more insight into what the operator was trying to achieve with the quad band antenna. Does he rag chew or is he only interested in DX or is he 'just' a contester.

Knowing the environment of the installation would also be helpful... is the antenna going on a roof-mounted tri-pod 25ft AGL on a mountain top in New Mexico or will the antenna be at 200ft AGL on the shores of S.C.?

I have a little Hy-Gain Explorer 14 w/40m add-on for the driven element. Works fine on 40m less maint. than the full-sized 3element 40m yagi.

73,
dave
wa3gin

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Blake" <dhblake@yahoo.com>