Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation

To: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation
From: Jack White <m5pro@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:35:47 +0000
I like many others was in this situation.

After weighing up the pros and cons for what seemed like an age ie: price,
performance, wind load, reliability, resale value should I upgrade, longevity
and strength etc, I settled for Optibeams.

I'm incredibly happy with the Optibeams , light years ahead of the Cushcraft,
Hygain, M2 etc I've had before. There are many Optibeam(s) that can fulfil your
needs.

I still like the idea of Steppir and Ultrabeam type antennas, I just couldn't
make the financial leap, they're incredibly expensive for what they are IMO
(approx $3500 USD for 3L Steppir/Ultrabeam in the UK)

73, Jack G8DX

Sent from my iPhone