Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation
From: SPWoo <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:06:40 -0800 (PST)
I understand all the rave about trapless antennas.  I have one too, a trapless
tribander with 3 elements on 20m, 3 elements on 15m, and 4 elements on 10m.
And I have purchased Steve's comparison report and my antenna did well in the
test.  FWIW one day I did some tests with a local ham who has a Mosley
Pro-67B.  That antenna has been up for over 20 years.  We were neck and neck on
most bands.  I was quite surprised at the result.  I understand that there are
other variables involved like QTH, etc.  He was thinking about getting a new
antenna and I told him don't bother with it.  Why fix something that isn't
broken?

Here comes my biggest disappointment- his Mosley covers six bands and my two
yagis on a cromoly mast only cover four bands.  On 17m he beats me by four S
units as my yagis aren't resonant on 17m.  I haven't been that depressed in a
long time!  If I could start over again I would consider the Mosley.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo, W6GX
(970) 646-1711