Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC antenna modeling forum has been created on Yahoo

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC antenna modeling forum has been created on Yahoo
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 21:53:00 -0800
On 2/24/2013 9:37 AM, SPWoo wrote:
I'm new to antenna modeling and I have lots of questions.  I looked for a user
group for EZNEC but couldn't find one.

Pardon me for asking, but why not study the EZNEC Manual, the ARRL Handbook chapters on antennas, and the ARRL Antenna Book? Also, ARRL sells a beginner's book on antenna modeling, written by Ward Silver, N0AX. I haven't seen it, but everything else of his I've ever seen has been first rate.

Most of us don't mind answering a question that is the result of study and working through a problem, or correct the misinformation and myths that seem to abound and be perpetuated by folks who know nothing. But an email reflector is not a substitute for putting nose to grindstone and STUDYING the fundamentals.

Ham radio is a TECHNICAL hobby. We have our frequencies because we supposed to be a pool of trained communicators, a breeding ground for future technical people, and experimenters who might actually advance the state of the art.

73, Jim K9YC