Re: [TowerTalk] Effect of element shape was: Re: InnovAntennas contact i

To: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Effect of element shape was: Re: InnovAntennas contact info
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:45:35 -0500
Steve,

Yes.  Take a look at the little mono banders we have on our website
www.cycle-24.com.

On many Yagi antennas you will see one frequency where there is huge front to
back.  With these designs we have listed huge front to back extends across the
entire band.  The antennas are modeled using EZNEC Pro/4 (NEC4).   Actual
models built and installed show these results in the real world as best we can
test them.

Admittedly front to back, while a nice number to talk about is much less
important than front to rear (difference in forward gain and highest gain
between 90 and 180 degrees off the front).

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad