Re: [TowerTalk] LMR degradation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR degradation
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 23:31:36 -0700
On 3/24/2013 9:42 PM, Jim Hoge wrote:
Today I discovered that I have had environmental ingress beneath the outer
jacket of some ~8 year old LMR-400.

In the latest (I think) version of his excellent Managing Interstation Interference," W2VJN notes that he observed degradation in the measured performance of stubs made of LMR400 that had been sitting in his garage for a bit less than a decade. He seemed to think it was due todegraded contact between the foil and braid shields. This was written several years ago. He may have more to say about it by now.

73, Jim K9YC