Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:42:41 -0500
Somewhere in all this I think we are hearing that the lubrication under discussion dries to a non-grime collecting finish on the outside of the cable after penetrating all the way to the inner strands. Sounds good to me. My previous statements were made in ignorance of the properties of the pre lube. I was considering silicone spray lube as I thought it would penetrate the cable reducing friction between strands and when dry not collect grit on the outside surface of the cable. Maybe it will but with products made expressly for this sort of action, I'll be a pre-luber.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thomson