Re: [TowerTalk] Tex Com LMR-600 Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tex Com LMR-600 Connectors
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 06:27:31 -0500
Hey guys, there are water detection solutions (well paste .) You can buy stuff (I used a paste from a tube like tooth paste) that detects water and changes from grey to bright red if contacted by water. Put a little of that on before covering a connector with shrink. Later (maybe years) when you open it up you will have definite proof of water ingress or not. Learn from that and go on, a more enlightened ham.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: K8RI