[TowerTalk] RE 120' qso king

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE 120' qso king
From: "Jim in Waco WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq_1@grandecom.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:59:00 -0600
OK  I may try one.  I will also buy the recommended line isolater to m ake sure
no rf backs up into the shack.
I have a 80 meter dipole fed with 300 ohm ladder line into the tuner and it
seems to work well on 80 but very hard
to tune and settings are not repeatable.  I dont like tuning up on the air but
there is no other way and if I turn the
amplifier on I have to retune again with a kilowatt going out on the air.    I
am hoping the qso king will be easier.
Now the support tower is 6 sections of 25g one being a top and the bottom
5'deep in concrete and the triband
beam is 2' above the top.  Therefore should I mount the matching section as
high as can be reached or should
there be a distance from the beam so neither is adversely affected?  Also the
builder says it does not need a ground
but he places a ground lug anyway and so I may run a separate ground wire to
the ground system or just connect
to the tower?  I have to hire someone to install this for me I cannot climb so
I want to get it right the first time. WB5OXQ.