[TowerTalk] Effect of ground radials

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Effect of ground radials
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:44:00 -0500
This is the first time I got zero response on towertalk, so I will try to
rephrase my question.  We all know that having a good ground system on a
vertical reduces ground loss.  What effect, if any, do 1/4 wl buried
ground radials have on the pattern and radiation angle?  I normally model
only the vertical portion of a vertical antenna and use the average ground
setting, unless it happens to be on the beach. Can ground buried radials
be modeled?

John KK9A