Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting final 25G section with mast nested within.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting final 25G section with mast nested within.
From: "Earl Morse" <kz8e@wt.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 17:13:58 -0700
All good suggestions so far.  The gin pole is not meant for a lateral load so
using a snatch block at the bottom of the tower and keeping all the forces on
the gin pole in compression is a good idea.  Be sure to tie off large loads
above their center of gravity so that they don't flip over on the way up.  I
have pulled up the 22 ft of moly mast with a 12 foot gin pole and it weighs
well in excess of 100 lbs all by itself.  Just tie it off above the middle.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 2