Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Calibration Pot/Switch

To: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Calibration Pot/Switch
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 13:31:42 -0400
Push the switch in and adjust the pot until you have set the pointer to exactly
full scale.  Then carefully push the switch in again to take the circuit out of
Calibration mode; now you should see your actual beam heading — as accurately
as it can be read.  The Calibration switch compensates for individual line
voltages, circuit variables, etc.  I used the word “carefully” above because
it’s all to easy to impart a slight rotation to the knob (and hence the
calibration setting) when pushing on the switch that’s on the same shaft.

Bud, W2RU