Re: [TowerTalk] How much do trees really affect verticals

To: k9kl <k9kl@centurytel.net>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How much do trees really affect verticals
From: Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 06:38:52 +0000
Hi
K9LA has done work on this, the topic is quite well understood by the
scientific community, however the reason why it is very difficult to say  to
the last fraction of a dB what happens in specific situation  / location is
that there are many parameters that needs to be known, tree height
(distribution),  density of the forest, wood conductivity, soil properties.  In
general low angles will be affected more as the signal needs to travel through
more "non-free space".See:http://k9la.us/Low_Band_Antennas_and_Trees.pdf
MarkkuWW1C/OG2A/OH2RA