Re: [TowerTalk] How much do trees really affect verticals

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How much do trees really affect verticals
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 06:29:26 -0700
On 8/26/14, 6:16 AM, Gedas wrote:
Hello all....very interesting subject.  I am trying to DL the PDF
mentioned in the article below from ITS "paper by A.G.Longley at the
U.S. Dept. of Commerce" but not having any luck at all.  Even searches
are not working for me for some reason WRT that document.  Can someone
who has DL'ed that PDF pse send it to me?  TU !  73

Start here

http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/publications/browse-publications.aspx

Searching for all the papers by Longley, you can find all hers here
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/publications/search-results.aspx?s=longley&SortKey=DateDesc&mode=Authors

The 1978 paper you're looking for is in the middle of the list, as well as the earlier ones that form the basis of the Longley Rice model.

of some interest is also the modeling code
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/resources/radio-propagation-software/itm/itm.aspx