Re: [TowerTalk] Zerk fitting for MA-40

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Zerk fitting for MA-40
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:57:06 -0700
IMHO, use an EZ-out, inexpensive and work. I've never seen a Zerk that was not tapped but surely could exist. Mine are tapped. Even if you have to end up drilling it out you can rethread. Just keep the drill size of the EZ-Out doesn't work less that the tap size specified for the Zerk thread. Be sure to THROUGHLY flush out the fitting hole, don't want any chips or crud getting into the bearing. You can't put to much grease in, you should see it oozing out before stopping the greasing.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Kurt Cathcart. KR2C