Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: G5RV vs 40M dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: G5RV vs 40M dipole
From: "Bry Carling AF4K" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 06:56:43 -0400
Good discussion about ferrite materials.

I noticed the same with LDG Baluns. They use a TINY amount of ferrite for a 100
watt balun
and the thing overheated the first time I used it and melted the case. No more
cheap Chokes
and baluns here. I switched to the higher priced larger QRO baluns from another
manufacturer.