Re: [TowerTalk] Someone's Tower Fall Over in OK?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Someone's Tower Fall Over in OK?
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 06:22:52 -0700
On 7/27/2015 1:25 PM, Michael Adams wrote:
While I agree that those websites' objectivity might be questionable, it's more
probable that the authors involved (and popular opinion) aren't making a
distinction between fracking and injection wells.

(The HuffPo link gave me a 404 error, but the RT article does go on to describe
injection despite its headline.  Sloppy reporting, but about what I'd expect
from journalism today.)

There's more to injection wells than waste disposal from fracking operations,
but you have to admit that the use of deep injection has increased as fracking
has become more common.

Despite what it says in the URL, USGS says it is the wastewater injection wells (at least in Oklahoma):

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/05/05/309888859/usgs-okla-fracking-has-increased-chance-of-damaging-quake

73, Mike W4EF.........