Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Phillystran

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Phillystran
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:30:53 -0400
Bent booms with Saddle clamps on the boom would be from either over tightening, or insufficient boom material. Bent booms from saddle clamps on the truss begs construction techniques. Even the small Phillystran is good for a 1000# plus and with the recommended 3 clamps per termination should have no creep unless the boom is extremely heavy. The larger Phillystran of 4,000 and 6000# test would/should be used with Big Grips(TM) and turnbuckles

73

Roger (K8RI)