Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: ground rods and angle...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: ground rods and angle...
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 11:06:35 -0800
On 1/19/16 8:22 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
There is also the conductive material from Erico for pouring around
conductors  https://www.erico.com/category.asp?category=R2387
Interesting videos.
Fillers of something carbon increase the conductivity.  I think others
may supply fillers for adding to your concrete but I haven't found
sources/references.

yeah, that's the bentonite/cement mix, I think.

It looks pretty interesting, for those wanting a "better" ground, but not interested in the full on UFER. According to the literature on their site, you can either do it as a slurry (like the videos) or just dry, and let soil moisture do it's work.

I don't know if it's dark because of the material (bentonite that I've seen is very light tan color.. cat litter color, without the colored pieces).

Maybe they also add fly ash or carbon to it?