Re: [TowerTalk] FW: US Tower seized gearbox

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: US Tower seized gearbox
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:39:39 -0800
Right from the horses mouth.  I did the conversion just three months ago
so it is recent input from Hub City. I am not a mechanical engineer so I cant relate to the ISO and viscosity specifications you mentioned. I just relied on
Hub Citys recommendation.  My gearbox likes the synthetic lube better.
It now gets just barely warm from a couple up and down cycles. Before it was hot
afterwards.   Hub City has a reason for recommending
the synthetic lube..................
Even if you elect not to go with the synthetic the important thing is to change
the lube regularly.

73,
Bob
K6UJ