Re: [TowerTalk] Weight on ends of a OCF diploe

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weight on ends of a OCF diploe
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:48:28 -0400
5/16ths is definitely easier to pull and much more comfortable on the hands when pulling hard. Mature trees should not grow around rope, but girdling a tree (running a small rope all the way around) can kill a tree of any age. I usually put even 5/16ths inside a half inch air hose. I normally use the yellow hose with a very smooth outside surface. I've had no problems even with growing trees large enough to serve as a relatively stable anchor point. This is not a dynamic anchor like a pullet but can be a good anchor for a pulley using an "S" hook or carabiner.(sp?)

73

Roger (K8RI)