Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being l

To: StellarCAT <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted
From: Jeff Draughn <n0ost99@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 08:05:57 -0500
I may be all wet here, especially since I have never done this before, but
it seems if you position the base of the section you want to lift near the
tower you want to lift it onto then swing the boom of the crane to pick up
the end, as you pick it up if you swing the boom back towards the base of
the section you're lifting there would be very little dragging involved.

Again without having real life experience at doing this I may be completely
off-base but just a thought.

Jeff