[TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifte

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:58:44 -0400
So Fred pointed this out ... I hadn’t considered it up until then... is it a
problem to just allow the legs drag in the dirt while the 60’ piece with
rotating ring attached (~850#) is lifted? Is there ANY chance the legs will
deform making it impossible to mate it to the tower? I don’t have access to an
end loader or any other piece of heavy eqmt ... I thought, and this might sound
silly, a dolly ... those cheap(er) ones – seem to be rated at 600# ... if I
could get enough guys to lift the end and put that under the end – then we
could pull it along as the crane goes up.... although the ground is really
rough so that is doubtful... it would probably get stuck and the legs drop off
which would be far worse than just having them drag on the ground ...
experiences anyone?

Gary