Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Tensioning

To: "'Donald Chester'" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Tensioning
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:23:14 -0400
Don,

Could you post a copy of your conversion chart?

Below is my conversion chart for my 110' Rohn 555 tower, which uses
HPTG67001 Phillystran guys with 1/4" EHS leaders from the guy anchors to a
level that's about 15' off the ground (to protect against vandalism, brush
fires, etc.) The guy lengths vary with height and direction because my tower
is on a steep hill, but the EHS portions are 29' on two sides and 37.5' on
the remaining (downhill) side, or roughly 20%-30% of each guy length.

I calibrated the Loos gauge against a Dillon dynamometer attached in line
with the EHS portion of the actual guys using a Klein grip and come-along.

Loos       Loos      Dillon
Reading    Chart     Reading

  26       450        300
  27       500        400