Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 10:26:55 -0500
Thanks to all who replied by private e-mail.  Many folks suggested using a
concrete cutter to trim the base edges square.  Yesterday, I went back out
to the site and took some measurements of the leg bolts.  There's ample
distance to overlay about 2 inches of concrete to the top surface and extend
the base square from 10 ft. to 11 ft. with a new outer frame.  I come up
with about 1 cu. yd of concrete.   Four pieces of 2"x6"x12 ft. boards should
do the trick.   This is the concrete equivalent of capping a tooth.  The
overlay is purely cosmetic and doesn't need to be part of the original pour
which meets spec.  Anyone see any issues with this?

Paul, W9AC