Re: [TowerTalk] Introduction

To: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Introduction
From: "J. Hunt via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 15:44:03 +0000 (UTC)
That an interesting / concerning concept.
Cheers,James

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Steve Maki<lists@oakcom.org> wrote:   As KK9A
mentioned, the surplus market for 7/8" and larger coax will be
gradually drying up in the future. Virtually all new cell site builds
are utilizing tower top radios connected via fiber. 1/2" is still used
and will continue to be used for jumpers between the radios and
antennas, although we also are currently using "Air" antennas which have
the radios built in.

Since the cell market has been the major source of well priced surplus
Heliax style cable...get it while you can.

-Steve K8LX