Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn U-bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn U-bolts
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 15:44:36 -0400
Electroplated zinc parts typically have a chromate conversion for additional
corrosion protection but as Grant said it is a poor choice for anything
outdoors. I have had better luck with Cadmium plated hardware however due to
the toxic nature of the process this has become rare. My preferred hardware
choice for towers and antennas is stainless steel and second is Armor Coated
steel.

John KK9A