Re: [TowerTalk] Another conduit question

To: Steve K7AWB <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another conduit question
From: Dick's <rcblumen@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 20:57:18 -0400
Steve-

I would shy away from gluing sections of pipe while at the same time laying
coax. As you said, too much chance of affecting the coax outer covering.

At my last QTH, I had conduit that did not have drain holes, so I was able to
make a "shuttle" out of a piece of styrofoam attached to a light string. Using
a shop vac, I sucked that shuttle through 135' of conduit in seconds. BOY WAS
THAT SLICK! I then used the string to pull through 2 pieces of heavier rope,
one of which I then used to pull my coax cables through. I left the second rope
for a future coax pull in case I needed it.

If my conduit had drain holes, I would forgo the shuttle and thread one or two
ropes as I glued each section into place, pulling the ropes back and forth a
little to make sure they were not affected by each glued joint.

Of course, each of my coax cables were only 3/8" in diameter or so I didn't
have that hard a time pulling them through.

Regards,

Dick, K0CAT