Re: [TowerTalk] 80 Meter yagi question

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 Meter yagi question
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 23:32:30 +0000 (UTC)
Hi John,I'm assuming you want a loaded shortened dipole.
I would suggest contacting JK Antennas and ask Ken to fab two of his loading
coilsfor a shortened 80M rotary dipole.  His loading coils are outstanding.
Made with solid
aluminum rod, not tubing, and the connector blocks on the end of the coils are
welded on.Less connection worries.  Take a look on his website at how he makes
these loading
coils, very impressive.   For that matter ask him about a complete 80M
rotatable
dipole if you aren't making one yourself.
I wish my tower would handle an 80M dipole along with the existing load or I
would
be thinking of doing an 80M dipole too.I have a 4EL 20M yagi at 108 ft  and a
3EL 40M yagi at 96 ft.  That will be my upperband antennas during the low
sunspot cycle years.   I have an 80/160 dual band
inverted L to cover these bands.

BobK6UJ