Re: [TowerTalk] 80 Meter yagi question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 Meter yagi question
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 08:34:17 -0700
My Tornado does not have any sliding contacts such as in a mobile loading coil. Instead it compresses and expands a solid connections at the ends wound copper tubing coils. This gives a 2:1 inductance range which is enough to cover more than 3.5 to 4.0 MHz on my 86' dipole, no hats.

I worked up a model to build a 2 element beam this way to tune the entire band, but decided to buy the JK 2L with fixed and relay switched loading coils instead.

Might be a fun project to build a 3L 80m out of the JK shorty Tornado dipoles.

Grant KZ1W