Re: [TowerTalk] 80 Meter yagi question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 Meter yagi question
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 07:15:55 -0400
Nice antenna Rich! At one time I had a homebrew 90++ foot dipole that
covered the portion of the phone band that I used but on CW the SWR was
pretty high. Are there presets for the tornado coils or do you have to
tune it every time you QSY?

OptiBeam and Force12(sk) use relay controlled coils at the center for
changing resonance.

I wonder how either of these methods hold up to lightning strikes!

John KK9A