Re: [TowerTalk] Kohler home generator hash?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Kohler home generator hash?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 07:16:27 -0800
On 1/17/18 6:20 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
Tony, Yes some variable speed motors (vice multi-speed) can cause interference.  I lucked out with my new variable speed one HP air handler and don't detect any interference. Likewise with the other two older variable speed air handlers.  I can't detect a difference in noise with all three running vs none running.

There are a whole variety of ways to do variable speed motors - some are done with switching combinations of windings, some are with variable speed drives (synthesising sine waves), some are clever schemes using variable voltage.