Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearings

To: knowkode@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearings
From: Chick Allen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 17:59:45 -0400
I’ve seen guys take a 2” rubber ( plumbing) vent flange and slit it to go over
the mast and slide it down over the TB3 bearing for additional weather
protection. Either bearing, TB3 or the DXE, is a good product. My suggestion
would be to periodically rotate the beam, especially during the slow DX season,
and even park it in different directions. Don’t let it sit endlessly in one
direction. I’ve had good luck exercising my rotators throughout the year. Hope
this is helpful.

73 de Chick, NW3Y

Sent from my iPad