Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearings
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 02:10:24 -0400
Gents:

     I used an industrial flange type bearing on my top tower shelf:
(2-1/16 " Fafnir SCJ cartridge in GYA-RRB bearing assembly).  You can see a
couple of pix at https://tinyurl.com/y7uxkcj3 and
https://tinyurl.com/yd46dazr .  The bearing itself is self-centering - the
shaft can be up to 1.5 degrees off and the bearing will adjust to align
itself.

73 e
Gene Smar  AD3F