Re: [TowerTalk] Marking?Identifying Coax Cables

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Marking?Identifying Coax Cables
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 20:26:20 -0400
As you note, there's a big difference between outdoor & indoor conditions.

It's hard to beat clear heatshrink over your label of choice for outdoor use - IF you have the foresight to slide the heatshrink on the cable before installing connectors or fanning the conductors out. Note that 4:1 heatshrink is available, but more expensive than 3:1 or 2:1.

BTW if you're using a lot of heatshrink, I've been happy for years with buyheatshrink.com.

So I've been using Brother PTouch *film* labels indoors as I try to get my station going again, and outdoors will try the clear Gorilla tape over-wrap suggestion, which sounds ideal.

-Steve K8LX