Re: [TowerTalk] Marking?Identifying Coax Cables

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Marking?Identifying Coax Cables
From: David Huff <dhuff@vermeer.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:18:05 +0000
1. I agree with the others who tried clear heat shrink over a printed label,
this is what I use for most of my cables.

2. For severe applications (I found clear UV can become fogged over time if
exposed to high levels of sunlight) I use Cable Label Plates from
McMaster-Carr.  They have plastic, aluminum, and stainless.  I once used a
plate like to label a cable which was underwater for a couple years.  A few
minutes with an engraver will make permanent labels that never fade.  You can
also print your label, heat shrink the label, then attach it to the cable.  The
cable plates can be attached using cable ties or wire.
<https://www.mcmaster.com/cable-labels>

David
W0IM