[TowerTalk] Old Hardline

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Old Hardline
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:12:40 -0800
Since we are on the subject of longevity and shelf life, I have an opportunity to purchase some old DB Products 1/2" foam hardline. It looks to be identical to Commscope/Andrew FSJ4-50B (dimension and loss numbers on the respective data sheets agree to 3 decimal places), so it looks like the Commscope/Andrew cable was originally a DB Products cable that got rebranded after Andrew merged with Allen Telecom. The Allen Telecom/Andrew merger occurred in 2003, so this cable is at least 16 years old.

Anything I should wary of with hardline this old? Its a polyethylene jacket over a corrugated copper outer conductors with a foamed polyethylene dielectric.

73, Mike W4EF..............