Re: [TowerTalk] Weekend from hell

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weekend from hell
From: Gene Smar via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 21:36:47 -0500
In my previous home in the late 70s I installed a ten-meter 5/8 WL GP (
actually, a cut down CB antenna) on my back patio roof at about 12 feet AGL.
Soon  thereafter the neighbor down the street came by my house as I was
returning from work and taking off my topcoat and complained about TVI.  I
said, "Do you see that I haven't taken of my coat cuz I just got home from
work?"  He said, "Oh.  Never mind."  And I never got another complaint from him
again.

A coworker and fellow Ham (W3LPB SK) told me that he used to install his
antennas but left the coax coiled up outside for a few weeks until the
psychosomatic TVI dwindled down.  Smart man.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F