Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire Anchors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire Anchors
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 23:45:55 -0500
I can't imagine climbing a tower held up by aluminum screw anchors. And what if one hits a rock on the way down?

A friend of mine learned the hard way in a storm last summer about inadequate guying.  Although the earth anchors held, one of the undersized guy wires and wire rope clips didn't. It was about 60 feet of Rohn 25 with just one set of flimsy guys. He had a hazer, so at least he never had to climb it. I had seen it before it came down, but what could I say?

73,

Scott K9MA