Re: [TowerTalk] M2 40 meter Yagi

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 40 meter Yagi
From: <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 14:35:46 -0500
I have the 40M4LLDD model.  It has four elements and covers 7.0-7.3 MHz.  SWR
is below 2.0 across the entire band.  This is possible because it has two
phased driver elements, one for each segment of the band.  So, you end up with
two three-element Yogis.  This is a great antenna for $2929.95, as seen on the
M2 web site.

The 40M4CDD model covers less bandwidth with lower price $2729.95, but promises
flatter response.  The selling point is that one does not need the frequencies
above 7.2 since the foreign broadcasters have moved to other frequencies, and
European hams can now use 7.0-7.2 phone and cw.

If I were the manufacturer, you would not see me publishing a graph like you
want.  There are too many installations that are far removed from what the
manufacturer can do to produce the graph.

73, Keith NM5G