Re: [TowerTalk] M2 40 meter Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 40 meter Yagi
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 16:02:40 -0400
>"If I were the manufacturer, you would not see me publishing a graph like
you want.  There are too many installations that are far removed from what
the manufacturer can do to produce the graph."

OTOH, to cover yourself as a manufacturer, the SWR graph can be expressed as
"typical" in free space.  Or, state that the graph is based on predictive
modeling.  At least this gives the prospective buyer some idea as to SWR
across the band.

N4CC and I use M2's full-size 4 ele. 40m model.  Being an OWA design, SWR is
less than 1.5:1 from 7000 kHz to 7300 kHz with the inner director
functioning to optimize broad-banding rather than optimized for gain.

Paul, W9AC