Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipole other choices?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipole other choices?
From: Henry Pollock - K4TMC <kilo4tmc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:39:59 -0400
To follow-up on Ignacy's note....

After following this thread for some time, here are some of the questions I
have relative to a number of variables.

In looking for Halfwave Vertical solutions for max signal - ground wave (80
& 40M only) (G) versus DX (D) on all 5 bands considering the below
points.  Individually,
these variables may only result in fractions of a db; however, fractions
collectively can result in whole numbers.

And, yes…soil conditions probably result in the largest variable, even
changing sometimes over the length of the radial field.

Anyhow, I invite anyone to comment.

1.      End fed (A) versus middle fed (B) with feedline horizontal or
sloping for (X) distance

2.      Bottom End point at (Z) distance above ground

3.      Radials (R), screen (S), counterpoise wire (C), or ground rod (G)

4.      Number (N1) of radials on ground versus number (N2) of radials
above ground

5.      Length (X1) of radials on ground versus length (X2) of radials
above ground (Z1)

6.      Screen on ground only size (S1)

7.      Should radials/screen be electrically connected to shield of coax
feedline (Yes or No)?

8.      Matching (M) to coax via 49:1 balun or L/C manual/auto-tuner

Please solve for G and D above, and provide data for other variables – A,
B, Z, R, S, C, G, N1, N2, X1, X2, Z1, M and S1.

Space below is provided for your answers.  Attach extra pages if necessary.
Provide links to reference data.

Extra credit will be awarded for identification of other unknown variables.

73,

Henry - K4TMC