[TowerTalk] Modeling Rohn 25G in K6STI's AO

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling Rohn 25G in K6STI's AO
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 06:48:39 -0500
Hey youall,

I want to model Rohn 25G as a transmitting antenna.  Has anyone learned how to do that fairly accurately in K6STI's AO program? In addition to some length of regular straight sections, my tower has a factory 8' tapered top section which I would extend with a 2" stinger and a single-point pier base that is basically a 10 foot section with 3 feet of taper to a flange added.  It appears to be "factory" although I have never seen one in person and it could be a one-off.

1. How do I model these tapers?

2. How do I model the tower itself?  Do I call it "10-inch diameter steel?"  Larger?  Smaller?

3. Do I have to re-learn calculus?

I would love to hear from anyone who has either done this or knows how it is done.

Thanks in advance.

73 - Mark N5OT