Re: [TowerTalk] Outside box for coax runs

To: "'Mike Fatchett W0MU'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Outside box for coax runs
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 13:06:00 -0700
Mike,
I used a Home Depot NEMA electrical box.  It's 12" square and 6" deep.
Mounted it on the wall of the garage.  The 3" conduits from the tower come
up from the ground on the outside wall of the garage and into the bottom of
the box.  Inside the garage I put holes through the siding into the NEMA
box.  I added plastic bushings on all the big 3" holes to prevent nicking
the cables.  Once inside the garage, they run up to my 2nd floor shack.
73,
Steve
N6SJ