Re: [TowerTalk] How lossy are PL-259s at HF?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How lossy are PL-259s at HF?
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 19:49:24 -0400
Field day, maybe a decade ago, I go onto my 80m antenna, and all sorts of
issues.
Turns out my UHF Barrel connector was failing, and it was labeled as an Amp
brand unit. Of course, who knows if it actually was. When I looked at it, it
seems the center conductor “leaf springs” that would grip the pin were no
longer holding tight
--
73 de KG2V
Charlie