Re: [TowerTalk] How lossy are PL-259s at HF?

To: "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@subich.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How lossy are PL-259s at HF?
From: <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 11:16:56 -0400
Yeah, I've seen that, I was hoping for an exact number with a tolerance.
Sigh.  But thank you!  I'm sure, out there SOMEWHERE is the exact spec for
"What is a SO/PL 259, as the military uses/used them"

I'm actually crazy enough to BUY spec sheets (I actually ended the debate on
Wikipedia on 'what is a 1/4 tripod socket - `1/4-20 or 1/4 Whitworth' -
answer, neither, closer to a lose 1/4-20, but the ISO changes it slightly so
it can fit either - I was making some stuff for cameras in my shop for other
people, and wanted it RIGHT)