[Mw] Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Membership Services Committee VHF/UHF Awar

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [Mw] Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Membership Services Committee VHF/UHF Award...
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike Urich, KA5CVH)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:26 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "N. Spokes" <gnspokes@earthlink.net>

> VHF station add-on to Field Day. How about a 2 X VHF multiplier for each
VHF
> contact, a 4 X for >900 MHz and a 10 X for 10 GHz and above?  (That would
be
> on top of 4 points for a <150 W CW contact.)  40 points for a single 10
GHz
> CW contact would give the 'VHF station' some respect, not now accorded.

Mike wrote

Now ... IMHO ... this has merit.

As a pair of V/U/uWave rover contesters I know say ... "just about anyone
can buy a plug & play HF radio, throw some wire in the air, get on 20 or 40
meters and make contacts.  V/U/uWave requires much greater expertise,
planning, expense and patience"

Mike Urich,   KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com
LaPorte TX   EL-29