[Mw] Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Membership Services Committee VHF/UHF Awa

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [Mw] Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Membership Services Committee VHF/UHF Award...
From: k9ij@vx5.com (John K9IJ)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:26 2003
At 02:34 PM 10/10/2002 -0400, William Moneysmith wrote:
>Yes, I fully agree with Neil and his comments.  VHF, UHF and MW need to be
>promoted and encouraged to the fullest.  We need to use those frequencies or
>guess what will happen?  The commercial folks are licking their chops for more
>frequencies in those regions.  Use it or lose it!
>
>I was in Costco today and I saw this neat little remote wireless weather
>station.  I picked up the package and read a little closer and guess where the
>"wireless" operates?  It operates on the frequency of 433 MHz.  Does this
>frequency sound familiar?  You bet it is in the middle of the Ham
>Band.  Granted
>it is low power, but I'll bet if you had it at your house, you would not
>be able
>to use 433 MHz.  There are other items springing up like this on the  market.
>Again use it or lose it!

This is nothing new. They've been around for a few years. I have a remote temp
sensor that runs on that frequency that I got from RS a couple of years
ago. So far,
haven't had any QRM problems on 432. OTOH, you're right, would perfer that it
were somewhare else in the spectrum.

John - K9IJ

-

John Rice  K9IJ