[VHFcontesting] Get A Grip!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Get A Grip!
From: k8jwt@ntelos.net (Jacob Tennant)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:21 2003
Along the lines of GPS/Rover ops.  I was going to run a APRS tracker in the
rover so that my wife could track me/see where I was at.

However I was told by the ARRL contest sevtion that it would be considered
the same as packet assistance during a contest and would be disqualified
since others could see my location.

I had even setup a TX only tracker so that I couldn't/wouldn't see any
messages that was sent to my station.

NEW IDEA!!! Run the tracker when moving & shut it down when stopped. As I am
going to be a Stop & Shoot rover with beam antennas.

Wonder if this will still be found to be a "no-no"?

Jacob Tennant  K8JWT