[VHFcontesting] Get A Grip!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Get A Grip!
From: kd7ts@ispwest.com (KD7TS)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:21 2003
Why is this thread running on TWO lists ??

Any way I've almost bitten through my tongue, but I have to respond to this:

Jacob Tennant wrote:

> However I was told by the ARRL contest sevtion that it would be considered
> the same as packet assistance during a contest and would be disqualified
> since others could see my location.
Jacob, et al

NO NO NO, surely the rules are written and understood. They are not subject to
interpretation.  Packet operation, spotting nets etc are not allowed. APRS is
framed with AX25 protocol so don't use it for a QSO !! Don't solicit contacts on
APRS. ( I don't know that it is possible )

At the bottom of the summary where it says " I have followed the rules..."

Sign it if you have followed the rules, otherwise don't. but at least send in
the log as a checklog.

GL in you efforts,

Mike KD7TS - CN87ui -

K7CX is correct in his assessment of rule changes.. we don't need any more